Ask HPD: What can I do to make people stop setting off illegal fireworks?

Question: My neighbors continue to set off aerials almost every night. Is there anything I can do to make them stop?

Answer: The Honolulu Police Department has been receiving a large number of fireworks-related calls to 911 this year, and we’re encouraging citizens who have information on suspicious or illegal fireworks activity to contact us.

Residents may call 911, meet with an officer, or send an email to the department’s website with the address, names of those involved, and dates and times of fireworks activity. Residents will be asked, but not required, to provide contact information for the investigators who may have follow-up questions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s