Kahului woman burned after cleaning solvent catches fire

A 71-year-old Kahului woman sustained serious burn injuries after the cleaning solvent she was handling somehow caught fire.

The woman was cooling her skin with running water when emergency responders arrived a little after 2 p.m. Monday.

It’s unclear what ignited the liquid product that is routinely used for cleaning auto parts.

The woman was treated by paramedics and transported to Maui Memorial Medical Center in serious condition.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s