If you’re on Hawaii Island, you may have experienced some shaking today.
A M3.0 earthquake struck 3.7 miles east of Leilani Estates and was followed about an hour later by a M2.6 earthquake 9.3 miles from Fern Acres.
Earthquakes are common on Hawaii Island. In just the past week, the island experienced 52 earthquakes with eight of them magnitude 2.0 or larger.
M2.6 – 15km S of Fern Acres, Hawaii
- 2016-06-22 16:19:37
- 15.0 km (9.3 mi) S of Fern Acres, Hawaii
- 26.0 km (16.2 mi) SSW of Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaii
- 39.0 km (24.2 mi) S of Hilo, Hawaii
- 101.0 km (62.8 mi) ESE of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- 360.0 km (223.7 mi) SE of Honolulu, Hawaii
M3.0 – 6km E of Leilani Estates, Hawaii
- 2016-06-22 14:51:45
- 6.0 km (3.7 mi) E of Leilani Estates, Hawaii
- 17.0 km (10.6 mi) SE of Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaii
- 37.0 km (23.0 mi) SE of Hilo, Hawaii
- 121.0 km (75.2 mi) E of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- 373.0 km (231.8 mi) ESE of Honolulu, Hawaii