In today’s Healthy and Delicious Segment with Down to Earth, Edgar Edge shows us how to make Summer Rolls with a spicy almond sauce. The whole family will love it and it’s so easy to make!
For more recipes, go to https://www.downtoearth.org/
Spicy Almond Sauce
½ cup natural almond butter
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1-2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 Tablespoon chili sauce (or ½ teaspoon chili flakes)
Water, as needed
1 (7-ounce) package marinated tempeh, cooked according to package directions
1 head lettuce, washed and dried
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cucumber, seeded and sliced into thin strips
Fresh cilantro sprigs
Fresh mint sprigs
(12-ounce) package rice paper wrappers
- To prepare the Almond Sauce: Whisk together almond butter, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and hot sauce. Add water to make a thin, smooth sauce. Taste, and adjust salty, sweet, and sour flavors to taste. Set aside.
- To make the wraps: set up a working surface (such as a cutting board) on table or countertop. Arrange all vegetables in small bowls. Fill a large bowl with very hot water.
- Dip each rice paper into hot water for 10 seconds then lay onto work surface. Layer one cooked tempeh, lettuce leaves, carrots, cucumber and herbs as desired. Fold in edges and roll tightly (it might take some practice!).
- Roll as many wraps as you want to eat and save remaining wrappers in a resealable bag.
- Serve wraps with Spicy Almond Sauce and enjoy immediately!
Yield: 4-6 servings