Our water resources in Hawaii are limited, so let’s not waste a drop. One way to conserve water is by using a rain barrel water catchment. Barry Usagawa with the Board of Water Supply explains how it works and its benefits.
To learn more about rain barrels:
- The BWS offers workshops at the Halawa Xeriscape Garden.
- Workshops rain barrel construction, installation, maintenance, and tips on how to integrate rain barrels into gardening.
- For a nominal fee, workshop attendees are given one fully constructed 55-gallon rain barrel.
- Next workshop will be on January 18, 2017, and May 13, 2017.
- For a list of available workshops and fees visit boardofwatersupply.com.