Ask HPD: Is it okay to request to enforce speed limit in my neighborhood?

Question: How can I request the police to enforce the speed limit on a particular road in my neighborhood?

Answer: If speeding is a problem in your neighborhood, you may contact your district police station for assistance.  If there is an emergency and you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1. To find contact information for your district police station, visit our website at and click on the “Department” tab at the top of the page.  Then click on “Patrol Districts” located on the right.  There, you’ll find contact numbers for the various district stations. It’s important for the public to report this type of dangerous activity.  Officers cannot be everywhere and rely on the public to be the eyes and the ears in our community.  The Honolulu Police Department encourages all drivers to use caution and drive with aloha when getting behind the wheel.  For more information on traffic safety, visit our website or check out our traffic safety videos on our YouTube page.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s