Firefighters extinguish 2-alarm house fire in Makaha

makaha-fire

Honolulu firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire on Farrington Highway in Makaha Friday morning.

The first HFD unit arrived at 11:06 a.m. to find smoke and flames emanating from a two-story family home.

The fire was brought under control by 11:08 a.m. and fully extinguished by 11:19 a.m.

Officials say eight people were home when the fire broke out. All were able to safely escape. The American Red Cross has been dispatched to assist them.

The fire was confined to the kitchen and was reported to have been caused by unattended cooking.

Damage was estimated at $100,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s