Hanapepe home destroyed by fire

A Hanapepe home was completely destroyed after a fire broke out Tuesday morning.

No injuries were reported.

At approximately 5 a.m., emergency personnel were notified of a house fire on Awawa Road.

The three-bedroom, one-story home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived to the scene.

The woman who lived in the residence reported that she was sleeping when the crackling of the fire woke her up, but she was able to safely escape.

The fire was fully extinguished at approximately 6:30 a.m., but the home is considered a total loss and damages to the structure and its contents is estimated to be roughly $100,000.

Officials believe the fire was started by an unattended candle in one of the bedrooms.

Volunteers with the American Red Cross are assisting the displaced woman.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s