It’s the 2nd ANNUAL CUPCAKE CHALLENGE brought to you by KHON2 and the 11th ANNUAL HAWAII WOMAN EXPO!
Send us your original cupcake recipe and photo of your master creation. Finalists will show off their cupcake decorating skill at the 11h ANNUAL HAWAII WOMAN EXPO, and will be judged by Cake Works and celebrity judges.
The winner walks away with an extra-sweet prize package that includes a two-night stay at Aqua Hotels and Resorts, a dinner for two AND they’ll be crowned “2nd Annual Cupcake Challenge Champion!” Don’t wait – enter today!
How to Enter
- Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us your original cupcake recipe.
- Attach a photo (.JPG format) of your cupcake creation.
- Please be sure to include the following contact information:
*You must be 18 years or older to enter. Read complete rules below for details.
KHON2 Hawaii Woman Expo 2013
2nd Annual Cupcake Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The entry period for contest will begin on Monday, August 19th, 2013 and end on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM HST. Station’s computer is the official clock.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Contest application may be submitted via Internet at khon2.com or by mail to KHON2 Cupcake Challenge, 88 Piikoi St., Honolulu, HI 96814. Entries must include a cupcake recipe and a photo of the cupcake from the submitted recipe. Entries must be received by the station prior to 11:59:59 PM HST on Sunday, September 1, 2013. Submissions not received by the specified day and time will not be eligible. Entries MUST NOT include any intellectual property for which the entrant does not have permission. Entries MUST NOT include any nudity or other inappropriate content in the sole discretion of the station. Submissions MUST NOT contain any specific personal contact information about yourself or others. Failure to obey these requirements may lead to disqualification in Station’s sole discretion.
- For entries by mail, the Station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, illegible, incomplete or late entries. The Station is not responsible for Internet transmission errors, illegible entries, service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent transmitting his/her entry.
- One entry per person.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all KHON2 viewers who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Hawaii DMA. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Employees of KHON (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Hawaii metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- ONE Grand Prize – Hotel accommodations for two in one room (winner and guest, who must be over 18) for two consecutive nights at an Aqua Hotels property in Honolulu of winner’s discretion on dates of winner’s discretion, before December 31st, 2013. Winner also receives dinner for two, by means of gift cards totaling $200, at a restaurant of station’s discretion. Total approximate retail value of prize is $800. Hotel accommodations do not include room/guest services, meals, gratuities, room service or any other incidentals. Travel accommodations do not include ground transportation, bag service, gratuities, car rentals, public transit or other transportation expenses.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 24 hours of winning.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entry or applicant deemed, in their sole discretion, to be in violation of any applicable law, or inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning to any of the Sponsors’ reputation or goodwill.
- All entries submitted will be reviewed and judged by a panel from KHON-TV sales and marketing personnel based on creativity and originality of entrant’s cupcake recipe and best cupcake design. Station will select ten finalists and five alternate finalists. The finalists and alternate finalists will be notified by Monday, September 2, 2013 by 5pm HST via email and/or phone and given detailed instructions for the local cupcake challenge designing competition. In the event a finalist cannot attend the local cupcake designing challenge competition (described further below) then that finalist will be disqualified and an alternate finalist will be notified and invited to attend in the place of the disqualified finalist. If the alternate finalist cannot attend or if multiple finalists cannot attend, the next highest judged entry/entries will be selected and invited.
- Qualifier must be able to appear at Neal S. Blaisdell Center Exhibition Hall between the hours of 9am and 5pm on Saturday September 7th, 2013 for the cupcake designing challenge competition, to be eligible and be awarded the Grand Prize in person via a prize certificate at that time.
- Finalists will compete at the Expo at Neal S. Blaisdell Center Exhibition Hall on the main stage, judged by a panel of celebrity judges and industry professionals where their cupcake will be judged for 50% creativity, 25% execution and 25% adherence to technical specifications. Finalists will be given one hour to decorate their cupcakes with a design of their discretion. In the case of a tie, the entries will be judged on creativity scores to determine the winner. The cupcakes must be pre-baked prior to the competition. The competition will only consist of decoration of the cupcake. The Venue will supply a table for the entrants to decorate their cupcakes. Entrants must bring a minimum of one dozen prebaked cupcakes and entrants must bring all of their own frosting, decorations and sculpting supplies prior to the cupcake designing challenge competition event day.
- ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- Finalists, qualifiers, and winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within 24 hours of notification attempt or (if applicable) prize will be forfeited and an alternate finalist or winner may be chosen randomly amongst other qualifiers by 12pm on September 7th, 2013. If a potential finalist or winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Website’s Terms of Service apply to any online portions of this Contest.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules or the Station’s website Terms of Service may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station. Failure of Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute waiver of such provision.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of KHON-TV,
88 Piikoi Street, Honolulu, HI 96814.
Sponsors: KHON, Hawaii Woman Expo 2013