KHON-TV is a LIN Media station. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite interested applicants to introduce their skills and talents to us. We offer competitive salaries and wages and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K Plan and medical and dental plans.
Notice: If your organization is involved in assisting job seekers, and you would like to receive KHON2′s job-vacancy information via email, please click here to email your contact information to us.
Current Job Opportunities:
Please see below for details about each position. Click here to email your résumé and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer that you use email, but you may also send them and any other requested materials to:
88 Piikoi Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter with good presentation skills to join our sales team. Extensive training and support will be provided. The successful candidate will have the motivation and desire to be the best and will be willing to develop new business and work in a challenging fast paced environment. We will consider applicants who have worked in broadcast in either a sales or administrative position. A college degree is preferred.
Applicants should be skilled in using Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good communication skills, personal transportation, insurance and a clean driver’s abstract are a must.
We’re looking for a Digital Account Executive to develop opportunities to grow station’s revenue stream for all digital properties, including display, mobile, text, and social media. Experience with back-end tools for inventory assessment, SEM (search engine marketing), SEO (search engine optimization), and CPM rating is necessary.
Developing relationships with clients while fully understanding their business models and creatively designing solutions for their marketing and advertising goals is critical to the Digital Account Executive’s success in this position.
The Digital Account Executive is expected to generate a high volume of sales-related activity, including cold calling, making presentations, fulfilling requests for proposals, reporting on ad campaign results, and continuously prospecting to close new revenue.
The successful candidate must prove he or she can be on top of shifting media trends, present him or herself as a digital leader in the market and be well versed as to how the web is impacting marketplaces. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate effectively internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have. . .
- The ability to grow and maintain an account list;
- A track record for developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) major clients and agencies;
- Excellent closing and time managements skills and be able to work in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment;
- A proven track record for success in digital media sales;
- The ability to stay up-to-date with industry developments;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, including basic computer skills for Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid Hawaii Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Some college is preferred, although a high school diploma and 2-4 years of proven sales experience in digital or media sales may be substituted for a degree.
We’re looking for a Digital Content Producer (DCP) to join our digital team. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day news content, as well as designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
The DCP must be able to work both independently and with newsroom and digital staff, to produce accurate, compelling content for a variety of digital platforms under deadline. We are looking for an individual who’s able to focus on the details, but also see the big picture to assist in generating brand-specific digital content which compliments the on-air product.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with news and editorial experience, and has a working knowledge of the Internet and the digital media landscape.
We’re looking for a Local Sales Manager (LSM) to lead our Broadcast and Digital sales operations. This position is responsible for the sales performance of our station’s F54OX and CW affiliations and includes digital sales components.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 5 years of recent television sales management experience including Local and Digital sales.
We are seeking a “game changer” and proven leader who can communicate a vision, while developing a management and sales team to generate extraordinary growth. The LSM should be proficient in inventory analysis, control and pricing; revenue forecasting, and budgeting; account strategy; product training; and energetic, candid and focused team development.
Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills with a high sense of urgency and ability to deliver results. This self-starter will generate revenue share growth through positive leadership and cohesive team-building.
Candidates must be proficient in Nielsen, Wide Orbit, One Domain and MS Office.
We’re looking for a Maintenance Engineer to do installation, maintenance, and repairs related to television-broadcast equipment. The ideal candidate will be capable of completing varying job assignments while working autonomously and as a team member; and is able to work a variety of shifts.
- Maintain and repair commercial television-station equipment.
- Maintain and repair commercial television-transmitting equipment, including STL, TSL, ICR microwave radio links, ENG vehicle onboard equipment, and VHF digital transmitters.
- Install SD/HD studio equipment.
- Provide support for IT related interconnections to LAN/WAN and SAN related configurations.
- Provide support for station’s PCs.
- Broadcast engineering experience preferred.
- Minimum four years experience with component and systems-related electronic repairs and maintenance.
- Experience in the video and audio industries including SD, HD, and IT interoperability and network interconnects.
- Have a good electronics background with emphasis on broadcast and IT networking equipment.
- Be highly motivated and passionate about the television broadcast industry.
Desired degrees or certifications:
Certifications, degrees or technical training in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Military Technical Training, or related field, MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+, FCC General Commercial Class License, SBE certification, CBT preferred.
We are looking for a creative and motivated Newscast Producer to join our News team. This individual must have excellent news judgment and superior writing skills, and is well organized and able to multitask. We are searching for someone who has control-room experience in producing newscasts that include live breaking news and has worked in a newsroom environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a successful producer and knows how to present news in a way that gets our viewers’ attention. Our team is energetic, passionate, and dedicated to winning. Qualified candidates should be able to produce content across digital media platforms.
We’re looking for a motivated, competent, organized person to support the station’s sales managers and account managers. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating sales presentations and other sales support materials; processing sales orders; troubleshooting client and agency phone calls; and tracking and gathering articles that support the sales cause.
Good writing skills a plus and must be adept in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
College Degree in related field preferred.
We’re looking for a Video Journalist to develop and produce news stories by investigating, interviewing, shooting, writing, editing, producing and reporting on a daily basis.
- Have the capability to use creativity and imagination in all aspects of producing news stories.
- Able to exercise strong professional news judgment in developing stories.
- Have knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing system.
- Be proficient in photojournalism and video editing techniques.
- Produce stories that are factually accurate, fair and balanced in content, and written and delivered in a clear and concise manner.
- Obtain news information by developing sources and using research and interviewing skills.
- Conduct live or pre-recorded on-camera interviews.
- Contribute ideas for news stores, and participate in editorial meetings.
Applicants must have newsroom experience; reporter/video journalist experience (1-2 years minimally) is preferred. Knowledge about Hawaii is a plus. You must possess or be able to obtain a valid Hawaii driver’s license.