Disney’s The Lion King returns to Honolulu!
To celebrate – KHON2 and Lion Coffee give you a chance to win a trip to see Disney’s The Lion King, live in New York City, with air travel provided by Hawaiian Airlines, and other great prizes! It’s the King Koffee Broadway Flyaway!
To enter, simply tell us the wildest name you’d give to a new Lion Coffee flavor. If we select your entry, you win the grand prize, and your coffee’s name will be immortalized on special Lion Coffee packages for everyone to adore!
How to Enter
- Send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Tell us your wildest name for a new Lion Coffee flavor.
- Please be sure to include the following contact information:
*You must be 18 years or older to enter. Read complete rules below for details.
KHON2 2013 KING KOFFEE PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The entry period for contest will begin on Monday, August 19, 2013 and end on Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM HST. Station’s computer is the official clock.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter your coffee flavor name via the following method(s): Contest entry may be submitted via entering online at www.khon2.com/contests or by mail to KHON King Koffee Broadway Flyaway, 88 Piikoi St., Honolulu, HI 96814. Entries MUST NOT include any intellectual property for which the entrant does not have permission. Entries MUST NOT include any nudity or other inappropriate content in the sole discretion of the station. Submissions MUST NOT contain any specific personal contact information about yourself or others. Failure to obey these requirements may lead to disqualification in Station’s sole discretion. Entries must be received by the station prior to 11:59:59 PM HST on Sunday, September 8, 2013. Submissions not received by the specified day and time will not be eligible.
- For entries by mail, the Station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, illegible, incomplete or late entries. The Station is not responsible for Internet transmission errors, illegible entries, service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent transmitting his/her entry.
- One entry per person.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all KHON2 viewers who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Hawaii DMA. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Employees of KHON (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Hawaii metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- ONE Grand Prize – Air transportation for two (winner and guest, who must be over 18) from Honolulu, HI to New York City in the Fall of 2013 to see Lion King Live on Broadway on a date of Station’s discretion (approximate retail value: 120,000 HawaiianMiles™ for use as air transportation for specific blackout dates refer to http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/HawaiianMiles ), two-night stay hotel accommodations for two in one room (winner and guest, who must be over 18) at hotel of Station’s choice on dates of Station’s discretion (approximate retail value of $500) Two tickets to The Lion King Live on Broadway in New York City in the Fall of 2013 ( approximate value: $400). Total approximate retail value of prize is $4,900. Hotel and airline of station choice will be used. Hotel accommodations are for two nights’ stay and do not include room/guest services, meals, gratuities, room service or any other incidentals. Travel accommodations do not include ground transportation, bag service, gratuities, car rentals, public transit or other transportation expenses.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 24 hours of winning.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entry or applicant deemed, in their sole discretion, to be in violation of any applicable law, or inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning to any of the Sponsors’ reputation or goodwill.
- All entries submitted will be reviewed and judged by a panel of industry professionals (panel of judges from KHON2, Disney’s The Lion King and Lion Coffee) based on creativity, originality and adherence to the technical specifications (no submissions with Disney movie titles, Disney movie character names, or any Disney named entities is allowed in the entry of the Lion Coffee flavor). One winner, one alternate winner, and one standby alternate winner will be notified by Friday, September 13, 2013 by 5pm HST via email and/or phone and given detailed instructions regarding show tickets and travel.. In the event a winner cannot be reached or cannot attend the Lion King Live on Broadway in New York, then that winner will be disqualified and the standby finalist will be notified and invited to attend in the place of the disqualified individual. If the standby finalist cannot attend or if multiple alternate winners cannot attend, the third highest judged entry (and so forth) will be selected and invited.
- Winners must be available to be reached on Friday, September 13, 2013 to be eligible and be awarded the Grand Prize in person via a prize certificate at that time.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of industry professionals (panel of judges from KHON2, Disney’s The Lion King and Lion Coffee) judging entries based on the criteria of: creativity, originality, and adherence to technical specifications ( no submissions with Disney movie titles, Disney movie character names, or any Disney named entities in the entry). In the case of a tie, the entries will be judged on creativity to determine the winner.
- ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- Finalists/alternate winners and winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within 24 hours of notification attempt or (if applicable) prize will be forfeited and an alternate finalist or winner may be chosen randomly amongst other alternate winners by 5pm on September 13, 2013. If a potential finalist or winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Website’s Terms of Service apply to any online portions of this Contest.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules or the Station’s website Terms of Service may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station. Failure of Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute waiver of such provision.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of KHON-TV, 88 Piikoi Street, Honolulu, HI 96814.
Sponsors: KHON2, Disney’s The Lion King, Lion Coffee and Hawaiian Airlines