Two talented home cooks will throw down at a local cook-off, but only one will walk away with a guaranteed audition in front of the MasterChef season five producers. If cooking is your passion, enter The COOK LIKE A MASTERCHEF GIVEAWAY today, and don’t forget to catch the Season Finale of MasterChef right here on KHON2.
How to Enter
- Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In 100 words or less, tell us why you want to be the next MasterChef, and what you will prepare for the judges if selected for a cook-off competition.
- Please be sure to include the following contact information:
*You must be 18 years or older to enter, and have NOT worked in a professional kitchen. Read complete rules below for details.
KHON2 MASTERCHEF AUDITION PASS GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The entry period for contest will begin on Monday, August 12, 2013 and end on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM HST, with the second round cooking portion of the contest ending on Thursday, September 5, 2013. Station’s computer is the official clock.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Contest application may be submitted via e-mail or by postal mail to KHON MasterChef Giveaway, 88 Piikoi St., Honolulu, HI 96814. Entrants must submit a written essay with a maximum of 100 words about why they want to be the next MasterChef, and what they will prepare for judges if selected for a cook-off competition. Entries must be received by the station prior to 11:59:59PM HST on Sunday, September 1, 2013. Submissions not received by the specified day and time will not be eligible.
- For entries by mail, the Station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, illegible, incomplete or late entries. The Station is not responsible for Internet transmission errors, illegible entries, service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent transmitting his/her entry.
- One entry per person.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all KHON2 viewers who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Hawaii DMA. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Employees of KHON (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Hawaii metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- Participants will be disqualified if they have ever worked as a professional chef. Specifically, your source of income cannot come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (restaurant, hotels, canteens, catering, etc.). Contestants will be required to certify in the application that they have never worked as a professional chef.
- ONE Grand Prize – Air transportation for two (winner and guest, who must be over 18) from Honolulu, HI to audition location in Fall of 2013 on a date of Station’s discretion (approximate retail value: $900), hotel accommodations for two in one room (winner and guest, who must be over 18) at hotel of Station’s choice on dates of Station’s discretion (approximate retail value of $450), guaranteed audition pass for MasterChef Season 5 producers. The audition pass has no retail value. Total approximate retail value of prize is $1,350. Hotel and airline of station choice will be used. Hotel accommodations are for three nights’ stay and do not include room/guest services, meals, gratuities, room service or any other incidentals. Travel accommodations do not include ground transportation, bag service, gratuities, car rentals, public transit or other transportation expenses.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 24 hours of winning.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entry or applicant deemed, in their sole discretion, to be in violation of any applicable law, or inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning to any of the Sponsors’ reputation or goodwill.
- All entries submitted will be reviewed and judged by a panel from KHON-TV sales and marketing personnel based on creativity and originality of entrant’s essay. Two qualifiers and one standby qualifier will be notified by Monday, September 2, 2013 by 5pm HST via email and/or phone and given detailed instructions for the local cooking competition. In the event a qualifier cannot attend the local cooking competition described further below, then the standby finalist will be notified and invited to attend. If the standby finalist cannot attend or if multiple qualifiers cannot attend, the fourth highest judged essay (and so forth) will be selected and invited.
- Qualifier must be able to appear at Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery between the hours of 9am and 12pm on Thursday, September 5, 2013 for a local cooking competition to be eligible and be awarded the Grand Prize in person via a prize certificate at that time. Local cooking competition will be held at the Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery in Honolulu, Hawaii at 925 Kokea Street.
- Contestants must provide any ingredients they will use to cook. Contestants will be given one hour to prepare one entrée, and one dessert. Cooking competition will be judged by a panel of cooking judges from Hawaii Gas, a local chef, and a representative from Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery on the following criteria: Overall appeal, organization, appearance and presentation, execution of recipe, taste, and difficulty, taking into account the age of the entrant. In the case of a tie, the entries will be judged on creativity scores to determine the winner.
- ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- Finalists and winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within 24 hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate finalist or winner may be chosen randomly amongst other qualifiers by 12pm on September 11, 2013. If a potential finalist or winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Website’s Terms of Service apply to any online portions of this Contest.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules or the Station’s website Terms of Service may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station. Failure of Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute waiver of such provision.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of KHON-TV, 88 Piikoi Street, Honolulu, HI 96814.
Sponsors: KHON2, Hawaii Gas, and Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery