KHON2 and Hawaii’s renowned Chef Sam Choy are looking for local families to participate in their new, unique cooking show “Sam Choy’s in the Kitchen”. The program will feature the chosen families as Sam guides them on a culinary adventure right in their own home.
Every episode, Sam shows each family how to turn last night’s leftovers into an exciting, unexpected, and delicious new dish using just the ingredients he can find in their refrigerator.
“It’s not your normal cooking show. We walk in the door, head right to the refrigerator and start bringing out whatever’s in there,” Sam Choy said. “When you think about it, we all buy so much food. But at the end of the day, we throw away a lot of it. We want to teach everyone to find new ways to conserve and cook healthier, but it’s also important to show families how to have fun in the kitchen.”
“We’re so excited about welcoming Sam to the KHON2 ohana,” said Kristina Lockwood, KHON2 General Manager. “Everybody knows him. Everybody loves him. We feel it’s the perfect match for the direction we want to go with our original local programming in 2016.”
“Sam Choy’s in the Kitchen” premieres Sunday, March 6th at 6:30pm on KHON2. Anyone interested in having their family be on the show can fill out the form below for a chance to have your family featured on an episode.
Sam Choy’s in the Kitchen Open Call
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. Sam Choy’s IN THE KITCHEN Open Call (the “Casting Call”) is sponsored by LIN Television Corporation d/b/a KHON-TV (“KHON”) and Chef Sam Choy (“Chef Choy”) (together, the “Casting Call Parties”). Casting Call is only offered in the KHON viewing area in the state of Hawaii. Void outside Hawaii and where prohibited.
2. Casting Call is subject to all federal, state and local laws. KHON shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding registrations, deadlines, selection of Selected Families (see below), Show participation restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating in the Casting Call, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Casting Call-related advertising or materials.
3. Casting Call begins on February 29, 2016. Final deadline to register is April 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Time (“HT”). KHON’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Casting Call.
4. KHON and Chef Choy will select potential Selected Families on a monthly basis until the end of April 2016 or the recording date for the Season Finale or last episode of Sam Choy’s IN THE KITCHEN, whichever occurs first.
5. To participate, you must at least eighteen (18) years old, a legal resident of Hawaii and you must have a kitchen or food preparation area that Chef Choy can visit for the Show. You may register individually or on behalf of your household.
6. Employees of KHON, Media General, Inc., Chef Choy, any other radio, television, or print media operations in Hawaii, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Casting Call, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to participate. The term “household” includes all persons residing together (part-time or full-time) in a single residence, whether or not related.
7. AFTRA, SAG or other performing arts guild members are not eligible to participate. If a participant is discovered to be a member of AFTRA, SAG or any other performing arts guild, his or her appearance(s) in connection with the Segment (below), if any, or any other Casting Call-related appearances, shall not be deemed to be a performance under any collective bargaining agreement.
8. In addition, if you are chosen as part of a Selected Family, you must be available to record an episode of Sam Choy’s IN THE KITCHEN on the date determined by Casting Call Parties in their sole discretion (the “Segment”), and you must not be bound by any contracts or agreements that conflict with your appearing in the Segment, appearing in related advertising, publications and/or other materials (if applicable), or granting the publicity and other rights contained herein.
9. Segments (4-6): Each family or household selected by Casting Call Parties (each, a “Selected Family”) will have the opportunity to appear in one (1) Segment. Casting Call Parties intend to choose Selected Families for approximately four (4) to six (6) Segments. Approximate Retail Value: $0. Opportunity to participate in Segment has no cash value.
10. As noted above, the opportunity to participate in a Segment has no cash value and is subject to the sole discretion of Casting Call Parties. In the event that the opportunity to participate in a particular Segment is unavailable or cannot be or is not fulfilled for any reason, the Selected Family will not be entitled to any substitution, remuneration or alternate element. Casting Call Parties may, but are not obligated, to use any or all of the footage recorded of a Selected Family during its participation in the Segment.
11. Selected Families acknowledge and agree that Casting Call Parties shall have the exclusive rights of ownership with respect to the Segments, but are not obligated to exercise these rights and do not guarantee that all or part of any Segment will be broadcast on any particular date or at all. Selected Families further acknowledge and agree that if Casting Call Parties in their sole discretion elect not to broadcast all or any part of any Segment for any reason whatsoever, Selected Families will not be offered or entitled to any compensation or substitution in lieu thereof.
12. No Selected Family member shall be considered an employee or independent contractor of any of Casting Call Parties. No Selected Family member will be entitled to any compensation, wages, salary or benefits. Casting Call Parties have not arranged for, and will not arrange for, any insurance of any kind, for the benefit of Selected Families (or any of their heirs, executors or administrators) in connection with any Segment. The opportunity to participate in a Segment does not constitute an employment or talent contract or other contract or offer of a contract of any kind and participating in a Segment will not entitle Selected Family to any compensation or remuneration.
13. Selected Family agrees not to do anything that would be an offense involving moral turpitude, a violation of federal, state or local laws, anything that brings any of Casting Call Parties into public dispute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or anything that insults or offends the community or any substantial group thereof or that might tend to injure the success of the Show, the Segment, Casting Call Parties, or any of their respective products or services.
14. Casting Call Parties will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or breaking news or other events of public importance, any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation, preemption, postponement or modification or otherwise interfere with the recording schedule of any scheduled Segment.
15. Selected Families agree to comply with all applicable regulations and policies of Casting Call Parties in connection with the Show and acknowledge that during the recording of any Segment, Casting Call Parties may require, as a condition of recording the relevant Segment, the departure or removal of any person, including any Selected Family member, who engages in any disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Segment or Show participant, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any policy of Casting Call Parties.
16. All Segment participation details shall be at KHON’s sole discretion. Each Selected Family assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with its participation in any Segment, including without limitation, all fees, costs, and personal items, and will not be compensated in any way for their participation in the Casting Call or any Segment.
17. The right to participate in a Segment is not transferrable. If a Selected Family or member thereof declines or is unable to participate in any Segment as scheduled by Casting Call Parties, he or she or they will forfeit that opportunity and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted.
18. If your family or household would like to be considered for participation in Segment during the 2016 Season of the Show, you will need to complete the online registration form (see below). If your family or household is selected, Chef Choy will pop in to personally demonstrate, in your kitchen and on camera, how to prepare unique and tasty meals with the items most commonly found in your kitchen. Registrations will be accepted beginning February 29, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. HT and ending no later than April 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. HT.
19. As part of your registration, you are encouraged (but not required) to take or snap one (1) or more optional photographs of your household members or family, your kitchen or food preparation area, or even your refrigerator (together, your “Photos”). To register, visit http://khon2.com/contests (the “Casting Call Page”) and follow the instructions to complete an official registration form with all required information, which may include the name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth of each person in your household who wishes to participate (the “Required Information”) and upload your Photos. This is the only method of registration; Registrations will not be accepted via e-mail, U.S. mail or any other method.
21. All registrations must be received by KHON no later than April 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. HT. Proof of sending is not proof of submission or receipt by KHON. KHON will not accept screen shots as proof of registration.
22. Non-selected registrations will carry forward to subsequent selection dates, if any. Limit one (1) registration per household. Additional registrations received from any such household thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar registration methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) are prohibited and will void all registrations submitted by that participant.
23. Registrations must include a working daytime telephone number and valid e-mail address for the primary registrant. KHON is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Selected Family based on an e-mail address, the registration will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for registration. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain.
24. Participants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by KHON. KHON is not responsible for registrations that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such registrations are void. KHON reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any registration at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Registrations become the property of KHON and will not be returned or acknowledged.
26. Each Submission (including Photos) must satisfy the following Submission Requirements:
a. Each Submission must be original to you (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not collaboration with any other person). In other words, only the person who created the Submission (and any Photos) is permitted to submit it in this Casting Call.
b. Your Submission must not have been previously published, must not have won previous awards, and it must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
c. No watermarks, signatures, or copyright, sample or proof notices may be added to any part of your Submission.
d. Any individuals identifiable in any Submission must have agreed to be so identified and you must be able to furnish documentation of such consent if requested by KHON.
e. No identifiable brand names, trademarks, logos or trade names other than those belonging to Casting Call Parties should be depicted or referenced in any Submission, including on clothing. No personal information, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses should be visible in any Photos.
f. Duplicate Submissions or Photos will not be considered.
g. Submissions must not depict any persons who are not appropriately dressed for a publication to a family friendly audience, for example, each person depicted must be fully clothed and undergarments should be visible.
h. Content that, in Casting Call Parties’ exclusive judgment, is inappropriate, lewd, pornographic, obscene, indecent, hateful, tortious, illegal, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, false, or disparaging, or that invades any person’s privacy or other rights, or that promotes or advocates drug use, bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual, or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, is prohibited in any Submission.
i. Submission containing any content that communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Casting Call Parties choose to associate will not be accepted.
Participant’s License & Warranty
27. By uploading your Submission, including any Photo, you expressly grant to KHON (and to those acting on KHON’s behalf) a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide royalty-free license (and waive all moral rights in and to the Submission) to display, reproduce, distribute, publish, perform, edit, otherwise use any part of the Submission for advertising and promotional purposes, including the display of the Submission on the Casting Call Page and any other websites in connection with this Casting Call.
28. By uploading your Submission, including any Photo, you warrant that (a) you are legally entitled to submit the Submission in the Casting Call, (b) the Submission does not infringe any third party rights, (c) you are the parent or legal guardian of any minor child identifiable in the Submission with all rights and authority necessary to feature such child in the Submission and to grant such other rights on child’s behalf as set forth in these Official Rules and will furnish proof of such authority to Casting Call Parties upon request, (d) the Submission has not previously been published or submitted for a prior contest or commercial purpose, and (e) the Submission complies with the Official Rules and Website Terms and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Casting Call Parties, their parent companies and subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees and affiliated organizations, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by you of these Official Rules or the warranties and/or representations made by you pursuant to these Official Rules.
29. By uploading your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that Casting Call Parties may obtain many Submissions during this Casting Call and that such Submissions may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this Casting Call, developed by Casting Call Parties and/or other ideas or submissions received in other promotions staged and/or sponsored by Casting Call Parties, and you hereby waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any similar Submission or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by Casting Call Parties (or their respective designees) may be similar to your Submission. You further acknowledge and agree that Casting Call Parties do not have now, nor shall they have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in or to your Submission materials.
30. KHON may reject and/or disqualify any Submission that it determines has violated the Official Rules (including the Submission Requirements), or is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, at any time during the Casting Call. You agree that KHON has the sole discretion to decide whether any Submission satisfies these Official Rules and that its decisions are final.
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION
31. Each month beginning in March 2016 and ending in approximately late April 2016, all timely and properly registered Submissions will be reviewed by Casting Call Parties who will select approximately four (4) to six (6) Submissions based on such factors as their demonstrated enthusiasm, suitability of residence and/or food preparation area for recording of Segment, potential entertainment value, and overall audience appeal. Participants understand and agree that the determination of Selected Families shall be committed to the exclusive professional discretion of the Casting Call Parties, will be final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
32. Subject to verification of eligibility and a brief interview (whether in person, by phone or otherwise), participants whose Submissions are so selected will be declared potential Selected Families. KHON reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Selected Families if there are not a sufficient number of eligible and properly submitted Submissions or in the event of any change to the recording schedule, format or content of the Show or any scheduled Segment thereof that impacts the number of desired Selected Families, as determined by Casting Call Parties in their sole and exclusive editorial discretion.
33. KHON will contact each potential Selected Family in accordance with the information supplied to KHON on their registration form. Each Selected Family must respond to initial notification within twenty-four (24) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), and/or other legal documents to KHON no later than three (3) business days after initial notification and as a condition of participating in Segment. KHON in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
34. In the event that any potential Selected Family (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, KHON within twenty-four (24) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to participate in Segment, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, KHON in its discretion may disqualify that Selected Family and select an alternate Selected Family in accordance with previously described method as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate Selected Families are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
35. Casting Call Parties may, in their sole discretion, post the verified Selected Families’ names and Submissions on the Casting Call Page and/or any of Casting Call Parties’ respective websites, including http://khon2.com and http://www.chefsamchoy.com, and on their respective social media pages or channels, and to broadcast them on any of KHON’s stations.
PUBLICITY RELEASE & ASSIGNMENT
36. By accepting the opportunity to participate in the Segment, each Selected Family agrees to award Casting Call Parties the right to publicize their Submissions, names, photographs (including the use and appearance of Selected Family’s photographs on Casting Call Parties’ respective websites), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail addresses, voices and details of participation for purposes of this and future Casting Calls and otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, without compensation of any kind, except where prohibited, and without further notice to or approval from Selected Family or any third party. Casting Call Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission materials (including Photos).
37. In addition, by accepting the opportunity to participate in the Segment, each Selected Family agrees to grant to Casting Call Parties (and confirm such grant in In addition, by writing) an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to such Submission, including, without limitation, all rights of every kind and nature including, without limitation, the right to reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, comment on, edit, modify, alter, create derivative works based upon, combine with other works (and all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), and otherwise exploit such Submission throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, with or without attribution, without restriction or payment, or approval from participant.
38. By participating in any Segment, each Selected Family agrees to waive any moral rights in such Segment or related performance and assigns all other rights, title and interest including, but not limited to, copyrights in and to the Segment to Casting Call Parties. Each Selected Family acknowledges and agrees that Casting Call Parties owns their Segment performance and shall have the exclusive, unrestricted, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, freely-assignable and irrevocable right to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, license, sell, rent, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the performance, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, print media, broadcast television, radio and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the Selected Family.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
39. By registering, accepting an opportunity to participate in a Segment and/or otherwise participating in any way in the Casting Call, you agree that KHON, Chef Choy, Media General, Inc., Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Casting Call, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, directors, officers, employees, agents and all of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, representatives, contractors and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for registrations that for any reason are not properly submitted to or received by KHON by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, or by printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Casting Call or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Casting Call, or in the announcement of the Selected Families; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Casting Call or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Casting Call; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Casting Call, the acceptance of registrations, the selection and/or announcement of Selected Families, or otherwise in any Casting Call-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission (including any Photos); (g) are not responsible for any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, or optical illusion that may occur in any Submission, Photo, or Segment, in connection with the exercise of Casting Call Parties’ rights, whether intentional or otherwise; (h) are not responsible for the inability to select any Selected Families because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (i) are not liable to Selected Families for any costs of verification or redemption or travel to participate in any part of Casting Call or for any damages (including attorney’s fees and costs) that might arise from such participation activity (including any travel related thereto).
40. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Casting Call OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION OR AWARD OF any BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Casting Call OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Casting Call.
41. By registering, accepting an opportunity to participate in a Segment and/or otherwise participating in any way in the Casting Call, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, inability to participate, in the Casting Call, Segment, and/or any Casting Call-related or Segment-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of Submission materials (including any Photos) during or after the Casting Call, (c) the participation in any aspect of any Segment, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
42. BY registering, ACCEPTING AN OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A SEGMENT, AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY OTHER WAY IN THE Casting Call, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Casting Call, ANY SEGMENT, OR ANY CASTING CALL OR SEGMENT-RELATED ACTIVITY, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH REGISTERING FOR THE Casting Call, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
43. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
44. KHON reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, or modify this Casting Call, or any part thereof, in the event that KHON determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Casting Call has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond KHON’s control. In such an event, KHON will choose the Selected Families from among all non-suspect eligible registrations received at the time of the Casting Call termination in accordance with the previously described selection process or using such other method as KHON, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
45. KHON further reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, or modify the Casting Call and/or any Segment, or any part thereof, in the event that the Show or any Segment is terminated or cancelled, preempted by breaking news or other matters of public importance, or the Show content or format is discontinued or substantially modified or changed, for any reason, or in the event that Casting Call Parties, in their sole and exclusive editorial discretion, decide not to feature Selected Families in any or all remaining Segments.
46. KHON reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Casting Call if KHON concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the registration process or the operation of the Casting Call in any other way, (b) has colluded to unfairly affect the outcome of the Casting Call, (c) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (d) has acted towards KHON or any other Casting Call Party or participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to register than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any such decision by KHON is final, binding and un-appealable in all respects. Any failure by KHON to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
47. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Casting Call MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND KHON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
48. All activity arising out of and relating to the Casting Call, including any reference to the status of any participant as a “Selected Family,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If KHON determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of any registration and/or participant with the Official Rules, KHON reserves the right to disqualify such registration and/or participant from the Casting Call and further participation at any time, even if the relevant participant has already been selected by Casting Call Parties as part of a Selected Family. KHON reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential Selected Families and to disqualify any persons based on such background check if KHON determines in its sole discretion that allowing any such individuals to participate in a Segment might reflect negatively on Casting Call Parties or their respective products or services. Each potential Selected Family agrees to cooperate with KHON and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
49. KHON reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Casting Call-related materials. No more than the stated number of Segments will be made available to Selected Families. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Segments as set forth in these Official Rules to be announced and/or claimed, KHON reserves the right to award only the stated number of Segments by choosing from among all legitimate, un-verified, and eligible potential Selected Families in accordance with the previously described selection process or using such other method as KHON, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
50. By registering, accepting an opportunity to participate in a Segment and/or otherwise participating in any way in the Casting Call, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants or Released Parties in connection with the Casting Call, shall be governed by Hawaii law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. By registering, accepting an opportunity to participate in a Segment, or otherwise participating in the Casting Call, you also expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to the Casting Call, any Segment, or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Honolulu County, Hawaii, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
51. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Casting Call-related materials, including but not limited to the Casting Call registration forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
OFFICIAL RULES/SELECTION LIST
52. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final list of Selected Families, visit the Casting Call Page or http://khon2.com or mail a SASE to: Sam Choy’s IN THE KITCHEN Open Call Casting Call c/o KHON, 88 Piikoi Street, Honolulu, HI 96814, specifying either “Selected Families’ List” or “Official Rules.” Final list of Selected Families will be available after May 16, 2016.
53. Facebook is not a sponsor of this Casting Call. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Casting Call is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Casting Call.